After 5 or 8 hour Forgiveness Workshops
The workshop was very positive and enlightening. The most significant part was understanding the link between our day-to-day frustrations and the Divine Intervention to help us find peace and forgiveness. The workshop allowed me to open my heart and examine issues of long standing difficulty and then release the issues with a sense of peace. This was my goal. — C.O. -California
The workshop gave me some deep insights and was very helpful to me. The forgiveness process is one I can use in my own life on an ongoing basis. The workshop was well received. Jim’s wisdom and gentle strength are powerful medicine. — M.T. – California
A week after a month-long class of two hours a week
I sincerely wanted to say Mahalo (thank you) most earnestly as (Un)Forgiveness is what has had me imprisoned. …At work, in my home, with my family and loved ones … this one trait has always fouled them. I just want you to take it to heart what a transformative change this is bringing into my inner and outer life. … I’ll most certainly be keeping you in my prayers for every blessing and bestowal to be yours. Words fail me in my appreciation of this gateway you have opened for me. — R -Hawaii
One month after a 5 hour “Basic- How to Forgive” workshop:
Soon after the workshop I had an opportunity to put the knowledge I had gained to practical use…and how it has had an immediate and profound effect on my life.
My wife and I filed for divorce. The separation was not amicable. Early on it was very contentious and eventually evolved into a cold war with the divorce still not finalized. The past four years have been filled with anger and resentment, as I blamed my ex for my personal situation. Since we rarely spoke to each other I was at a loss as to how to end the stalemate and finalize the divorce.
When I was first invited to attend the Forgiveness Workshop I was skeptical. I was not interested in reconciliation and getting back together with her. I thought this is what the workshop was about, but I was assured it wasn’t.
I had spoken with her just prior to attending the workshop. We agreed to meet the following week to discuss our situation. At that time I had no idea how any kind of settlement could be reached. I envisioned bringing piles of documentation to back up my claims and refute hers.
When I attended the workshop I had my situation in mind. Through instructor-led discussion and group participation I was able to apply this newfound knowledge to my situation. By the end of the workshop I had felt the shift. I was able to let go of the anger and I saw my ex in a whole new perspective. I felt like a burden had been lifted from my shoulders and I hadn’t yet met with her.
A week after the workshop we met for lunch. I brought no documentation with me and she left hers in the car. With genuine concern and interest we talked for three hours about our children, our work, our current relationships, and about life. We were able to openly discuss how we could settle our divorce and remain friends. Our meeting ended with tears of joy and hugs. Without any admission of right or wrong, without any apologies, without her attending the workshop nor her knowing that I attended, our stalemate ended and we have become friends. The Forgiveness Workshop showed me how to look within myself and make the change. It’s a wonderful feeling. –D M – California
What people said about the practical intensive after the basic workshop
- I got what I needed now to move forward in resolving issues in my life… I can release and let go. What worked about this workshop – 1) Organization, 2) Follow Through, 3) Thorough content and 4) Material all worthwhile Thank you.
- I got a lot of information. The PowerPoint presentations were truly wonderful.
- The workshop was full of information that I feel is meaningful and helpful. It was well organized and presented in a clear and understanding way.
- The presenter was very effective- knowledgeable and experienced on the subject. Had good stories as illustrations of points to be made.
- I really liked this class. I feel more peace just taking the class and leave with new understanding in my life.
- I not only learned a process for forgiving, I forgave. — EL
- The processes- in particular the question asking process- were remarkably effective in helping me get to a genuine compassion From compassion forgiveness seemed easier. The process is much faster than I thought possible. — CG
- The process that moved the situation the most was the CPR Questions, but every process did give me insight. Writing (particularly worked). You can think about the situation all you want but writing out the answers to the questions holds you accountable and brings realness to the situation and resolution. — JM
- The questions to ask myself and then to write my introspective answers down on paper is very helpful. Journaling my feelings down and the list of each question to ask myself particularly worked. — AT
- Working through my several resentments using the CPR tools was powerful. It helped me view the problems totally differently, and although I didnt finish the work, I already feel a shift. Your questions from the Star of (Empowerment) resonated and helped me work through to some forgiveness. Your examples were enlightening. — JBJ
- It gave me insight into how to actually take steps to forgive and move forward in my life. The written exercises were most enlightening.
- Writing, journaling was very helpful.
- Gave me a sense of empowerment and less sense of victimization. By forgiving I can reclaim my personal power and autonomy. The experiential work of going over a specific incident (particularly worked). — ED
- Writing (answering) my thoughts and doing the steps in the Process for Inner Peace and the CPR (Communication, Perspective and Responsibility) questions particularly worked
- Your guiding questions for Inner Peace I found very useful. — JW
- The experiential work particularly worked. The workshop exceeded my expectations. — JT